For more than 25 years, Americans have reported being largely unsatisfied with the conventional health care available to them. This has caused many Americans to seek out doctors using integrative medicine models to deliver better care.
But how is integrative care different from other types of medicine? What are the advantages of integrative medicine? How does it work?
Here are the facts about what integrative care models are and why they are revolutionizing American health care.
What Is Integrative Medicine?
Integrative medicine is a model of care. It provides a framework that doctors can use to approach patient health.
The fundamental tenets of the model include:
- Viewing patients as whole people rather than as collections of symptoms
- Going beyond treating disease to seek total wellness
- Using a variety of therapies instead of relying on prescription drugs
- Using safe, low-cost, and low-tech approaches whenever possible
Integrative practitioners can and do use top-of-the-line conventional medicine therapies and treatments. But they don’t use them alone. Instead, they pair those treatments with other supportive services and therapies.
This lets patients address the root causes of their health concerns. It enables them to reach true healing while helping them avoid:
- Costly prescriptions
- Invasive surgeries
- Other stressful and expensive care
- Many serious risks and side-effects
Integrative Medicine Methodologies
Examples of integrative tools and treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced testing and screening
- Hormone replacement therapies
- Diet and nutrition guidance, education, and support
- Personalized supplement regimens
- Sleep and lifestyle changes
- Cosmetic procedures where appropriate
Integrative practitioners always customize their treatment plans. They listen to patient concerns and priorities and take them into account.
They do not force patients into standardized molds. Instead, they tailor their plans to each patient’s needs. This ensures that patients get treatments that they:
- Feel comfortable with
- Can comply with
- Are most suited to
- Will see the best results from
Who Is Integrative Medicine For?
Every American can benefit from integrative medicine. That said, some patients may see extra benefits from it.
It can be particularly effective for and valuable to patients:
- Dealing with hormone imbalances or deficiencies and the conditions that result from them
- Unhappy with or poorly served by conventional medicine
- Seeking a holistic approach to healing and better health
Benefits of Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine has many advantages over conventional medicine. Most of these advantages lie in the way it seeks to identify the root causes of patients’ symptoms.
By finding and addressing the cause, integrative medicine enables patients to find true healing and lead a whole, vibrant life.
Integrative medicine also:
- Emphasizes safe and affordable options that reduce patient risks
- Is more effective for patients suffering from chronic conditions
- Often results in better patient-provider relationships
- Takes patients beyond sick-care to real wellness
The integrative approach consistently leads to happier, healthier, and more satisfied patients.
Treating the Whole Person
Integrative medicine practitioners know how to treat a person as a whole being. That ability sets them apart from providers of every other type.
Don’t wait to discover how this approach can help you achieve your health and wellness goals. Schedule a free consultation today and experience the difference for yourself.